Tata Steel Limited is an Indian multinational steel producing company based in Jamshedpur, with its headquarters located in Mumbai, India. It was earlier known as Tata Iron and Steel Company Limited and is a part of the Tata Group.
The company was founded in 1907 as Asia’s first integrated private steel company and is currently among the top steel producing companies globally, with an annual crude steel capacity of approximately 34 million tonnes per annum. Tata Steel share priceis listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange with the code 500470 and the symbol TATASTEEL, respectively.
Here is what you must know about Tata Steel share that will help you make a wise investmentdecision:
- Tata Steel Limited was established in the year 1907 and is India’s largest private sector steel producing company.
- It is considered the second largest steel company in India, after JSW Steel.
- The company’s main plant is in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, in eastern India, and has a production capacity of ~12 million tonnes per annum.
- Tata Steel also acquired the company Bhushan Steel in 2017-18 and renamed it Tata Steel BSL.
- Tata Steel Limitedis the world’s second most geographically diversified steel producer.
- It operates in about 26 countries worldwide, with its key operations in India, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands.
- It has a commercial presence in over 50 countries and has employees spread across five continents.
- In the year 2014, the company ranked 486th in Fortune Global 500 as the world’s biggest corporation.
- According to a study conducted in 2013, Tata Steel is the seventh most valuable Indian brand.
- The company has achieved the highest crude steel production of 5 million tonnes in the 4th quarter of the financial year (FY) 2022 with a growth of 17% QoQ.
There has been an increase in NSE Tata Steelholdings as the company has recorded significant growth in net profit in recent years at share market.